A diet rich in vegetables, fruit, legumes and whole grains full of antioxidants are imperative for adrenal health. Include foods rich in C and B vitamins, magnesium and zinc. Including a small portion of good quality protein in each meal to help support energy & blood sugar throughout the day,. Oh and WATER! 2 liters. Filtered! …Apologies for shouting. :)
1. Protein & Iron: Legumes, nuts & seeds, fish, poultry, dairy & lean meat. Amino acids from protein increase levels of neurotransmitters in your brain, boosting mood, ensuring healthy blood sugar levels & energy. Iron is essential for getting oxygen to into your cells in your blood! Yikes! Aim to have small portions of vegetarian or animal sources of protein spread throughout the day with each meal. This will give you sustained energy! Notjust Whoo Hoo energy!
Examples: Free range eggs, bean sprouts, hummus dip, quinoa, lean red and white meat, tuna, mackrel, salmon, nuts and seed; sunflower, brazil, almonds, chia.
2. Complex carbohydrates: whole grains, fruit & vegetables …our primary energy-source. Choose low GI for steady energy through the day. Eat at least 3 fruit & at least 5 veg daily.
3. Number threeee... “Hello vitamin C!” Citrus fruit, capsicum, broccoli – “Thank you vitamin C, for helping me absorb iron and other essential nutrients in my food.” I love you!
4. Magnesium: Pumpkin seeds, green leafys’ such as spinach, kale, silver beet. ‘Only’ required for every step of the conversion from food to energy. Relaxes muscles and aids sleep. Mg is essential for recharging your batteries. So just do it!
5. WATER! Did I Say “Clean Filtered or Spring Water! ..i'm yelling again aren't I” 1.5 to 2 litres daily.
To do this got: Easy Lunches at Love Thy Health - it is way easier than you think.
Fatigue is one of the most common health issues I see in daily practice. From a treatment perspective taking the time to thoroughly investigate most likely cause is imperative. Some people go to their doctor, have extensive diagnostic testing, including standard blood and thyroid testing only to be told there is no clinical evidence to indicate a cause for your fatigue. Although there is not always an identifiable condition, there may be an underlying cause that may be diet or lifestyle related. This is why naturopaths allocate time to ask many questions, with the intention to help identify the functional state of your body and treat appropriately.
Christine Carley - BHlthSc (Nat) - NHAA
Australian Bush Flower Essences - Level 1 & 2
‘The Work’ of Byron Katie - Facilitators Certificate
Quantum healing techniques kinesiology
Christine works as a naturopath at Love Thy Health in West Footscray & Western Health Collective, 571 Barkly Street, West Footscray
This article provides general information and is not intended to constitute advice. All care is taken to ensure information is accurate and relevant. Please see your Practitioner for health treatments and advice.